What Is Caregiver Burnout?
• Do you feel physically exhausted?
• Are you emotionally drained?
• Is all your time spent on caring for others?
Scroll down and keep reading.
How Can You Tell If You're Burnt Out?
Answer the following questions:
1. Are you physically exhausted from performing your caregiving tasks?
2. Are you emotionally drained from constantly giving of yourself?
3. Are you frustrated because you don’t have time to do everything?
4. Are you feeling physically run-down because your health isn’t a priority?
5. Are you getting short and impatient with everyone around you
(including the person receiving your care)?
6. Are you feeling guilty about wanting time to yourself for yourself?
Be honest now. Did you answer ‘yes’ to all of the above questions? That’s okay. You’re not alone. Even if you answered ‘yes’ to just one of these questions and it sent you into a spiral of sadness, guilt, anger, or all of these feelings and more, how does all that affect your well-being and the care you provide to your loved-one or patients?